Thursday, July 7, 2011

Finding a Connection to God

1:18 June 2, 2011
There is a feeling of joy and warmth in the soul when you find your connection to God or a Greater Spirit, which is both fulfilling and indescribable. However, I fight many battles with myself to practice my deen, religion, and to become a devout Muslim. I yearn to be a person who can pray five times a day, no matter where, and to learn scriptures from the Quran, the holy book. Yet my selfish ways part me from connecting to my religion and lord. However, I learn to take things one day at a time. Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) did not go through his voyage on this earth without experiencing lives turmoil and difficult, neither did Jesus nor any-other pious Prophet. Therefore, no person should feeling apprehensive of their faith, but, rather, embrace it everyday of their lives by remembering God and asking him for forgiveness and guidance. Indeed, we all face challenges in life how we deal and overcome these challenges are what define us. Nonetheless, I always remember God and the beauty of life he has blessed me with, to be able to wake up in the morning with food in my fridge, to have a mother to call, and the ability to learn and love. I always ask him to forgive me for my countless sins.
From a young age, I learned to love God and my religion and I’m thankful for my mother who has always reminded me of him and his blessings. In Islam it says, for men and women who engage much in remembering of Allah ‘God’ for them has Allah prepared forgiveness and a great reward; bring your Lord to remembrance in your (very) soul with humility and remember without loudness in words, in mornings and evenings and be not of those who are unheedful. The prophet said, the comparison of the one who remembers God and the one who does not is like that of the living and the dead. Conversely, if you believe in God, the unseen, the heavens/earth remember our Creator and remember to count your blessings! I hope in the near future I can say, “I’m a faithful Muslim who prays five times a day. Inshallah (if Allah wills)

3 comments: